About NanoVNA V2
NanoVNA V2 is a low cost 3GHz T/R vector network analyzer designed by HCXQS in collaboration with OwOComm. The V2 hardware is a new from-scratch design and is not based on the original NanoVNA by edy555. Compared to the original NanoVNA, V2 does not use harmonics for measurements and achieves higher dynamic range.
There are several manufacturers of the V2 and resellers on Aliexpress, Tindie, Taobao, and eBay. Performance varies.
Current Aliexpress sources that are known to sell original units (subject to change):
Note that OwOComm does not manufacture V2 devices and does not provide direct technical support. All support enquiries should be posted on the nanovna-v2 users forum.
- Frequency range: 50kHz - 3GHz
- System dynamic range (calibrated): 70dB (up to 1.5GHz), 60dB (up to 3GHz)
- S11 noise floor (calibrated): -50dB (up to 1.5GHz), -40dB (up to 3GHz)
- Sweep rate: 80-100 points/s
- Display: 2.8'', 320 x 240
- USB interface: Micro USB
- Power: USB, 300mA
- Battery: not included. Includes charging circuitry. User can install a 1000mAh - 2000mAh lithium-ion battery with maximum dimensions 6 x 40 x 60 mm.
- Battery connector: JST-XH 2.54mm
- Maximum sweep points (on device): 201
- Maximum sweep points (USB): 1024
- Port 2 return loss (1.5GHz): 20dB typ
- Port 2 return loss (3GHz): 13dB min
- VNA-QT software supported platforms: Linux, Windows (7+), Mac OS
A VNA (Vector Network Analyzer) measures the frequency dependent reflected and transmitted power of a high frequency network (RF Network).
The NanoVNA V2 measures the following:
- Reflection coefficient: S11
- Transmission coefficient: S21
- Return loss
- Insertion loss
- Complex impedance
To use the NanoVNA V2 for one port measurements (e.g. antenna impedance), you will need the following:
- NanoVNA V2 main unit
- SMA cable, male-male
- Calibration standards: Short, Open, and Load
The basic operation and menu structure of the NanoVNA V2 is identical to the original NanoVNA.
- Configure the measurement frequency range:
Select STIMULUS > START and STIMULUS > STOP.
- Enter the CAL menu and connect a SMA male-male cable to port 1 of the VNA.
- Connect the OPEN standard to the cable end and select "OPEN". Wait for menu highlight.
- Connect the SHORT standard to the cable end and select "SHORT". Wait for menu highlight.
- Connect the LOAD standard to the cable end and select "LOAD". Wait for menu highlight.
- Select "APPLY". Calibration should now be active and you can start performing measurements.
NanoVNA V2 firmware releases:
NanoVNA-QT (PC software) releases:
For technical support please use the nanovna-v2 forum: