Beware of cheap underperforming clones
As of March 2023 there are many badly performing clones on the market. V2/3GHz NanoVNA uses parts like ADF4350 and AD8342 which are costly and clones have been cutting costs by using salvaged or reject parts.
See official store and look for V2 Plus4/V2 Plus4 Pro versions only to avoid getting a bad clone. We have stopped selling V2.2 versions since October 2020, so all V2 hardware that are not Plus or Plus4 are not made by us and we can not guarantee performance.
NanoVNA-QT and NanoVNA Saver are the two PC programs for the NanoVNA series, and both are supported by the V2 Plus4 series hardware. You can download the software and drivers here.
Table of contents
NanoVNA-QT (VNA View) is the native software for the NanoVNA V2 Plus4 and VNA6000 series. It supports adjustable sweep points and performing firmware updates.
- Smith chart, logmag, impedance, and VSWR plots
- Live measurement - realtime display
- Custom calibration kit parameters
- TDR (time domain reflectometry) and distance to fault measurements
- Port length extension allows correcting for cable length after calibration
- C/C++ API allows raw S parameter data access
- 1 port and 2 port S parameter export
- CSV file export
- Automatic continuous data export
- Only guaranteed to be compatible with NanoVNA V2 hardware listed here and VNA6000 series.
On Windows, please run CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe first to install the USB-CDC driver. On Linux and MacOS, no drivers are needed. Download and run .AppImage or .dmg directly.
If using Windows 10, you may need to update your NanoVNA firmware to the latest version.
Download v1.1 (Latest version)
New in v1.1: support VNA6000; adjustable IFBW and averaging settings for V2 Plus4 Pro; automatic continuous data logging (View > Continuous export)
NanoVNA Saver is a tool developed by Rune B. Broberg and supports both V1 and V2 hardware.
This software connects to a NanoVNA and extracts the data for display on a computer and allows saving the sweep data to Touchstone files.
The software was written in Python on Windows, using Pycharm, and the modules PyQT5, numpy, scipy and pyserial. Main development is currently done on Linux (Mint 20.3 Cinnamon)
- Reading data from a NanoVNA -- Compatible devices: NanoVNA V1 and V2
- Splitting a frequency range into multiple segments to increase resolution (up to >10k points)
- Averaging data for better results particularly at higher frequencies
- Displaying data on multiple chart types, such as Smith, LogMag, Phase and VSWR-charts, for both S11 and S21
- Displaying markers, and the impedance, VSWR, Q, equivalent capacitance/inductance etc. at these locations
- Displaying customizable frequency bands as reference, for example amateur radio bands
- Exporting and importing 1-port and 2-port Touchstone files
- TDR function (measurement of cable length) - including impedance display
- Filter analysis functions for low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and band-stop filters
- Display of both an active and a reference trace
- Live updates of data from the NanoVNA, including for multi-segment sweeps
- In-application calibration, including compensation for non-ideal calibration standards
- Customizable display options, including "dark mode"
- Exporting images of plotted values
Windows versions older than Windows 7 are not known to work.
Download v0.5.3 (Latest version)
- Fix some crashes
- Enhanced Response calibration - corrects for port match errors and improves S21 accuracy