Beware of cheap underperforming clones
As of January 2022 all non-Plus/Plus4 hardware are clones (we have stopped producing older versions since October 2020), many of which perform badly, and users have reported software/firmware incompatibility. If a clone is selling for much cheaper than the official store it likely uses salvaged or reject parts and will not meet specifications. See official store and look for V2 Plus/Plus4 versions only to avoid getting a bad clone.
This page lists all NanoVNA V2 (S-A-A-2) versions and firmware downloads.
We have stopped selling non-Plus versions since October 2020. To avoid getting a bad clone, look for V2 Plus and Plus4 versions only. All V2_2/V2.2 still on the market are clones and some are not compatible with official firmware or software.
|Firmware support||Firmware download||Features|
V2 Plus4 V2.4
Buy from official store
V2 Plus V2.3
No longer sold
- The V2_2/V2.2 model has reach end of life and is now deprecated. We no longer provide any technical support for clones of this model. The V2 is replaced by the V2 Plus and V2 Plus4 that perform better and are actively maintained. Owners of a genuine V2 from the official stores can contact us to obtain a discount if they wish to acquire a V2 Plus or a V2 Plus4 model.
- You can identify which NanoVNA V2 variant you have using the table above. Select CONFIG > VERSION in the menu on your device. This will show an about screen with the device name on top which you can look up in the table above.
- Ensure the correct firmware variant for your hardware version is used, otherwise your device may fail to boot.
- Only the above 3 hardware versions are official, but some unofficial versions (listed below) also have firmware support.
For SYSJOINT's NanoVNA-F V2, see http://www.sysjoint.com/en/content/?144.html
For BH5HNU's 3GHz NanoVNA-F development, see https://groups.io/g/nanovna-f
The following are the unofficial (clone) hardware versions that are tested to be compatible with the NanoVNA V2 firmware.
Important: Zeenko is using the S-A-A-2 design commercially without permission from the original developers.
Hugen/Zeenko are still producing and selling illegal clones of the V2 design despite being notified by the original developers not to, and have engaged in behavior on the market meant to harm the original developers. See here for more details.
The designs are under a non-commercial license, so the following are illegal clones: SAA-V2, SAA-2N, LiteVNA.
|Image||Name||Firmware support||Firmware download|
|3.2" "black and gold"||20201013||Download|
|3.2" HDMB "V2 Pro"||20201013||Download|
|"V2.74" from blackmagic||20201013||Download|
|2.8" V2 with metal case||20201013||Download|
- Switch off the NanoVNA V2 main unit.
- Hold down the JOG LEFT button (leftmost of the 3 pushbuttons) and switch on the NanoVNA.
- Once white screen appears, release JOG LEFT.
- Select the device in NanoVNA-QT under the "Device" menu.
- You will be prompted to flash a firmware binary, which you can download from the table above.
- The device should automatically reboot after the firmware is flashed. The whole process usually takes 5 - 10 seconds.