Beware of cheap underperforming clones
As of March 2023 there are many badly performing clones on the market. V2/3GHz NanoVNA relies on original RF synthesizer and mixer ICs from ADI for its high performance, and clones have been cutting costs by using salvaged or reject parts.
See official store and look for V2 Plus4/V2 Plus4 Pro versions only to avoid getting a bad clone. We have stopped selling V2.2 versions since October 2020, so all V2 hardware that are not Plus or Plus4 are not made by us and we can not guarantee performance.
This page is a list of NanoVNA versions and the firmware downloads for each version.
You can identify which hardware version you have using the table below. Select CONFIG > VERSION in the menu on your device. This will show you an about page with the device name at the top which you can look up in the table below.
Before updating your firmware, ensure the correct firmware variant for your hardware version is used, otherwise your device may fail to boot.
Versions / Firmware downloads
Measurement comparison between V2 versions
We have stopped selling non-Plus versions since October 2020. To avoid getting a bad clone, look for V2 Plus4/V2 Plus4 Pro versions only. All V2_2/V2.2 still on the market are clones and some are not compatible with official firmware or software.
|Firmware support||Firmware download||Features|
V2 Plus4 Pro V2.4
Buy from official store
Buy from official store
V2 Plus V2.3
No longer sold
- The V2_2/V2.2 model has reach end of life and is now deprecated. We no longer provide any technical support for clones of this model. The V2 is replaced by the V2 Plus and V2 Plus4 that perform better and are actively maintained. Owners of a genuine V2 from the official stores can contact us to obtain a discount if they wish to acquire a V2 Plus or a V2 Plus4 model.
- Anything not listed above are clones. Beware of underperforming clones with exaggerated specifications.
How to update firmware
- Switch off the NanoVNA.
- Hold down the JOG LEFT button (leftmost of the 3 pushbuttons) and switch on the NanoVNA.
- Once white screen appears, release JOG LEFT.
- Select the device in NanoVNA-QT under the "Device" menu.
- You will be prompted to flash a firmware binary, which you can download from the table above.
- The device should automatically reboot after the firmware is flashed. The whole process usually takes 5 - 10 seconds.
If the update takes longer than 10 seconds, there is likely a communication error and it is necessary to restart the update process. Simply switch off the NanoVNA and repeat the steps above.
Interrupting a firmware update will not brick your device, but you will need to flash the firmware again before the device will boot.
Unofficial hardware variants
For SYSJOINT's NanoVNA-F V2, see http://www.sysjoint.com/en/content/?144.html
For BH5HNU's 3GHz NanoVNA-F development, see https://groups.io/g/nanovna-f
Important: Zeenko is using the S-A-A-2 design commercially without permission from the original developers.
Hugen/Zeenko are selling clones of the V2 design without permission, despite being notified by the original developers not to, and have engaged in behavior on the market we believe are intended to harm the original developers.
Unauthorized clones not supported by any firmware/software updates: SAA-V2, SAA-2N, LiteVNA. Please be aware that we will not provide any support or updates for these hardware versions. Thank you for your understanding.
The following are the unofficial (clone) hardware versions that are tested to be compatible with the NanoVNA V2 firmware.
|Image||Name||Firmware support||Firmware download|
|3.2" "black and gold"||20201013||Download|
|3.2" HDMB "V2 Pro"||20201013||Download|
|"V2.74" from blackmagic||20201013||Download|
|2.8" V2 with metal case||20201013||Download|